Best Carpathian Motorcycle Guided Tour (B.C.M.G.T.) combines all the best in South, Central and North-East Romania in one 3100 km 15 days 4* tour and reveals internationally known and less known tourist attractions of Romania, equaly beautiful, discovering more of Romania's traditions, nature, culture, a bit of adventure and relaxation, amazing roads in nature. The spa afternoons will rebuild the strenght for the beautiful road ahead.
The international known places visited in this tour will be: Bucharest city & night life, Brasov city, Bran Castle (known as Dracula Castle), Peles Castle, Turda Salt Mine, Sibiu city & night life, Transfagarasan & Transalpina Roads (taking you as high as 2550m altitude), Vidraru Dam (3rd largest in the world), Corvinian Castle & museum (placed in Hunedoara), Brancusi Sculptures in Targu Jiu and Bigar Waterfall.
The less known or not known internationally places visited in this tour will be: Rasnov Citadel, Rasnov Cave, Sighisoara Citadel, Tusnad Baths, St. Ana Lake (vulcanic lake, unique in central & eastern Europe), Red Lake, Bicaz Pass, lake & Dam, Praid Salt Mine, Poienari Fortress (Dracula's Fortress and true crown catle), Alba Iulia, Woman's Cave, Polovraci Cave, Danube Barrels, Severin Medieval Fortress, Nera Valley and Pass, Nera Water Mills, Hateg Bison Natural Reserve, Jiu Valley, all this and more on amazingly beautiful curvy roads with amazing views.
There will be optional dinner & lunch packs and other optional packs. The tour has minimum 5 riders/motorcycles except guide and maximum 10 motorcycles, if more then 15 riders choose same tour dates a second motorcycle guide will be assigned to the tour. You can join any of our set tour dates or if you come with 5 or more riders (rented/own motorcycles) we will set other tour dades that dont overlap our other tours.
A tour that will amaze you with beauty and quality and a tour that will show you the true Romania, it's values, history and nature.
Best Carpathian Motorcycle Guided Tour (B.C.M.G.T.) covers half of Romania's important tourist attractions with stays at the best 4* hotels, mansions or traditional high quality guest houses & restaurants for each aria. You can choose the standard hotel stay with breakfast, the breakfast & dinner or all meals included (All Inclusive).
You can choose from our motorcycle included packages or come with your own motorcycle package.
We will make sure you ride the best routes, eat in quality restaurants, stay in quality hotels and have the time of your life.
- airport transfer by private car 2 ways, transfer to motorcycle rent 2 ways
- Bucharest city tour with tickets and guide to 2 attractions proposed or of your own chosing
- motorcycle guide (support luggage car and in tour city guide can be awarded by Best Tours for min. 7 or more motorcycles in same tour), support and consultancy in case of need, guidence in all tourist attractions, restaurants & cities, road, speed and safety theoretical training at beginning of the tour, free mechanical support during the tour in case of need
- 4* hotel, mansions or quality guest houses stays for 14 nights (2 nights in Bucharest & 12 nights in tour's various locations)
- exchage motorcycle (if any issue appears that can't be fixed on spot)
- entrance & tickets to 10 tourist attractions, parcking fees
- if traveling by motorcycle is no longer posible for the rider and/or passanger, can continue on board the support car if present in tour
- 1 spa access in hotel's location (swiming pool, sauna), breakfast for all days except arrival day (dinner & lunch optional pack), 3 meals / day only with All Inclusive package
- BMW motorcyle 5-6 days if a motorcycle included package is choosen, rain gear (if needed) & free wi-fi (full motorcycle insurance opional)
- anything not stated as included, any other purchases, fees, fines, optional or extra night stays not stated as included
Day 1: Bucharest - Welcome to Romania!
Highlight of this day: meeting our fleet of BMW motorcycles and a bunch of people as passionate as you about motorbikes and riding. From our extended experience, the first day of this motorcyle tour means plenty of discussions on the itinerary, eating and drinking a bit, as well as seeing the dizzying architecture of Bucharest, which is truly a fascinating mix.
Day 2 Bucharest -> Tusnad Baths -> Lake St. Ann
310km day - easy & average road difficulty - leave at 7:30 -8:00 am - transfer to rental motorcycle - Bucharest - Sinaia (Peles Castle) - Bran Castle (lunch after near castle) - Rasnov Citadel - Rasnov Cave - ride the Poiana Brasov road to Brasov - Tusnad Bath 4* hotel with spa.
Day 3 : Tusnad Baths -> Durau-> Bicaz Pass
260 km day - partialy challenging road - early morning - Tusnad Baths - Lake St. Ann - Red Lake (so called Killer Lake) - Bicaz Pass (lunch) - Bicaz Dam - Bicaz Lake - 4* Hotel in the Bicaz valley
Day 4: Durau -> Mures Valley -> Sighisoara Citadel
280 km day - average road difficulty - early morning - Bicaz Valley - Borsec (mineral water springs) - ride true Lowe Mures Natural Park - visit Village Museum in Reghin (lunch) - ride on a beautiful country side road to Praid Salt Mine - Sighisoara 4* hotel & spa
Day 5: Sighisoara -> Turda Salt Mine -> Sighisoara spa evening
260 km day - easy road difficulty - early morning - the hotel same in Sighisoara - Sighisoara Citadel and the Clock Museum - Turda city viziting - Turda Salt Mine (lunch) - back to Sighisoara for a relaxing evening & pool - dinner in old city center
Day 6: Sighisoara -> Balea Lake -> Transfagarasan
210 km day - prtialy difficult road - early morning - Sighisoara - Viscri (UNESCO heritage village) - beautiful roads to Fagaras Fortress (snack brake) - ride on Transfagarasan - views at Balea Waterfall - Transfagarasan view point - road view point - Balea Lake (lunch) - after tunnel view - Goat Waterfall - on Transfagarasan 4* mansion or hotel (depends on how many in tour and dates)
Day 7: Transfagarasan –> Vidra Lake -> Hunedoara
300 km day - average & advanced road difficulty - early morning - Transfagarasan hotel - Vidraru Dam - Poienari Fortress - Arges Monastery (place of crowning the kings) - riding Olt Valley to Caiulata (lunch) - through curvy amazing mountain roads to Vidra Lake - Hunedoara - 4* hotel
Day 8: Hunedoara -> Alba Iulia -> Sibiu
200 km day - easy road difficulty - 8am morning - Corvin's Catle & museum - Hateg Natural Bison Park - Alba Iulia Citadel - Sibiu 4* hotel, old city center tour, dinner, Sibiu's night life tour
Day 9: Sibiu -> Paltinis -> Sibiu
100 km day - easy, average road difficulty - 9am morning - Sibiu - full guided tour - museum & view - lunch in old city center - riding true near villages with german arhitecture - Village museum - curvy roads to Paltinis alpain resort - back to 4* hotel in Sibiu and dinner
Day 10: Sibiu -> Transalpina -> Baia de Arama
260 km day - average road difficulty- early breakfast - 8 am day start - Sibiu - riding on Transalpina alpine road - stops for views - lunch on Transalpina in Ranca ski resort - 4* traditional mansion in a amazing village near Baia de Arama & traditional dinner
Day 11: Baia de Arama -> Danube Barrels -> Herculane Baths
150 km day - average road difficulty - 8 am breakfast, 9 am day start - Ponoarele mansion - Drobeta Turnu Severin & Severin Medieval Fortress - Danube Barrels - the face of Decebal in mountain rock (lunch) - Herculane Baths superior 3* hotel (has 4* look & services - unfortunatly there is no 4* hotel in aria but this hotel is only one as a 4*) - swiming pool & relax 2-3h - city tour and dinner
Day 12: Herculane Baths -> Bigar Waterfall ->Domogled-Cernei Valley -> Targu Jiu
280 km day - easy road difficulty - Herculane Baths - Bigar Waterfall - Water Mills in Ruderia - riding Nera Pass - riding through Domogled-Cernei Valley National Park - Targu Jiu The Infinity Column & Gate of Kisses by Brancusi - Targu Jiu 4* hotel - city tour & dinner
Day 13: Targu Jiu -> Jiu Valley -> Caves -> Govora Baths
160 km day - easy road difficulty - breakfast 9 am, 10 am day start - Tagu Jiu - Woman's Cave (lunch) - ride on Jiu Valley National Park to a traditional old Monastery with arhitectural value - Polovraci Cave - Horezu pottery shops - Govora Baths 4* hotel with spa - relax in jacuzi spa - traditional BBQ dinner with camp fire & "roast it your self" food specialties (fully served traditional BBQ dinner only with the dinner pack oprion)
Day 14: Govora Baths -> Olt Valley -> Bucharest
200 km day - easy road difficulty - Govora Baths - ride on Olt Valley - ride on Black Hill curvy road - lunch in Pitesti - Vilage Museum in Bucharest - House of Parliament or Antipa Museum - city center tour on motorcycle (Free Press House, Triunph Arch, Phones Palace, Goverment House) - rental motorcycle garage and transfer to hotel - 4* hotel near old city center - dinner in old city center - night life old city tour
Tour difficulty: moderate
Average km per Day: 250 km. The daily riding kilometres are approximate distances and may vary.
Motorcycle Tour duration : 15 days (2 nights in Buchares, 12 nights in tour's various locations - 13-14 motorcycle rental days)
Prices from 2865 euro/rider (BMW motorbike, 4 star shared double room with breakfast, English speaking tour guide, parking & road fees, all attractions included, technical support car, helmets and rain gear, free WI FI, airport transfers, unlimited mileage).
18th Aug - 1st Sep - 14% discount - places still available
|Motorcycle type (included in price)||Sharing Double Room (1 rider in double room)||Single Room (1 rider not sharing a room)||Double Room (1 rider + 1 passaenger)|
|Own motorcycle||€ 2234 / tour||€ 2792 / tour||€ 3127 / tour|
|BMW G310GS||€ 3295 / tour||€ 3888 / tour||€ 4224 / tour|
|BMW G650GS||€ 3314 / tour||€ 3907 / tour||€ 4244 / tour|
|BMW F650GS||€ 3589 / tour||€ 4182 / tour||€ 4517 / tour|
|BMW F700GS||€ 3679 / tour||€ 4273 / tour||€ 4610 / tour|
|BMW F800GS||€ 3863 / tour||€ 4457 / tour||€ 4793 / tour|
|BMW R1200GS LC||€ 4614 / tour||€ 5207 / tour||
€ 5544 / tour
Price table legend:
- "own motorcycle" means if the motorcycle is not rented through us or if you come on tour with your own motorcycle, it applies also for those who with to follow the tour but with other type of vehicle not rented through Best Tours or our partners present on site, the price shown for each type of room does not include the vehicle rent or insurance, any type of transfers to/from airport, to/form rented vehicle, city tour by car, trasfers to/from hotel to old city or other locations.
- the rest of the prices in the table include the motorcycle rent, for each type of motorcycle on itss row and mached with the hotel room type on it's column
- the price includes all that is mentioned as included on this site page above and it's not found on the "not included" list
1. Extra hotel stay in Bucharest at the start or end of tour, depending on number of persons in the room, room type and exact 4* hotel with breakfast included - € 80 - € 130 / night / room
2. Dinner & snack pack - € 405 / person / tour (includes 1 dinner + 1 snack / day / 1 person for every day of tour except for the arrival and departure day, whrere only 1 dinner or 1 snack is included)
3. Dinner & lunch - € 751 / person / tour (includes 1 dinner + 1 lunch / day / 1 person for every day of the tour except for arrival and departure day where only 1 dinner or 1 lunch is included, in some of the days also 1 snack is included inbetween the lunch and dinner)
4. Off-road lesson pack - € 150 / rider / 3-4 hours lesson (in Sibiu on the less km day this is an optional, included rent of off-road motorcycle, instructor, gear and lesson)
5. Extending your motorcycle rental, if posible, at start or end of tour with hotel stay and posible self guided routes will depend on the chosen motorcycle price, hotel options and route. If all details given we can give you an offer.
6. Exchage of motorcycle charge if it has no technical issue, with any issue that can be fixed and is fixed on spot but the rider just doesn't want that motorcycle or if the motorcycle has sustained damage from a incident, no mather if it was caused by other trafic participants and the rider can continue the tour on a motorcycle - from € 80 to € 400 depending on the distance to & from motorcycle garage. The free backup motorcycle is only for cases in which the motorcycle has sustained a technical damage that can not be fixed on spot and its not the result of an incident.
2018: 19th May - 2nd June ; 18th Aug - 1st Sep - 14% discount - places still available
2019: 22nd May - 5th Jun; 21st Aug - 4th Sep
If enought interested in other dates about this tour, and express their intrest to us before 31st May, we can supliment with 1 more tour in summer per year and if weathear permites 1 more in end of September.